Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy 3rd & 4th of July

 3rd of July in my family has always been as big of deal as the 4th. We always went to my Grandma Faith's house on Big Lake to celebrate. After my grandma passed it hasn't been quite the same but we have tried to carry on the tradition...at least until her house sells. We were able to take Jenna to the lake to celebrate and she was able to meet more family and see my grandparents again. 
 As the fireworks started to go off later in the evening we had to retreat indoors because Jenna got a little scared. I sat by the window with her and just as the fireworks began she stared with amazement. I'm glad I was able to take her to a 3rd of July at Grandma Faith's.
The next day we went to the Sedro Woolley Parade with my dad. We met up with Dorothy, Adam, Danielle, Elise and Alison. Uncle Les was in the parade on the Whidbey Island Bank float. We had a lot of fun and surprisingly there were not as many logging trucks as I remember.
So happy to share Jenna's first 3rd and 4th of July with Family!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment