Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Next Harry Potter?

 
I always thought when I become a mom I would never let my baby get hurt and I would always be there to protect her. Guess that was a nice thought but not the reality. After swim class a few weeks ago I put Jenna in her car seat and she started crying very hard. I knew the car was hot so for a second I thought she was just hot. Then I moved the metal buckles and noticed they were very hot and one had burned her poor leg. I felt so bad and then I felt guilty and started to feel like a bad mom, etc. The next morning I was changing her diaper, saw the little burn mark and again felt the guilt all over again. After examining it I realized that her burn looked like the Harry Potter scar, but on her leg! My next thought...how are we going to pay for Hogwarts? (cheesy Harry Potter joke)
 
After a week, the burn also known as the "Harry Potter Scar" was gone. I learned that there will be many more bumps and bruises (hopefully not burns) along the way and I probably won't be able to protect her from them...but I will always be there to comfort and bandage them up. Now we are in trouble if she starts asking for a wand or if Hagrid shows up on her 11th birthday (Harry Potter fans will understand)!

No comments:

Post a Comment