Thursday, October 6, 2011

Olympics in My Future?

 
In the spirit of all parent's thinking their child will be a pro of some kind of sport...I am joining in and convinced I have a future Olympic swimmer on my hands :) As I have mentioned before, I take Jenna to a weekly swim class. It isn't swimming lessons; but the teacher does encourage us to show the babies how to paddle, kick, climb out of the pool and flip from back to tummy. We sing songs and do some of those motions.
Yesterday, I had Jenna on her tummy in the pool and put a toy in front of her so she would try and reach for it. To my surprise she started kicking and did a little paddling to get to the toy floating ahead of her. The teacher (Lisa) was just as surprised as I was that she was doing this. I did notice in Hawaii (see video that was posted) that when she was in her floaty toy she was kicking to move around, but this was new to us. She is usually pretty serious while in the pool and only really cares about chewing on a rubber duck and will smile when I blow bubbles, so it was nice to see her "swimming" and getting excited. I look forward to try again next week and then the Olympic trials! No pressure Jenna :) 

1 comment:

  1. She is amazing ... I'll start fundraising for her Olympic training!

    ReplyDelete