Monday, March 5, 2012

Remembering Auntie Audrey

1/13/11 - Jenna (21 days old) & Auntie Audrey
This past week was a tough week for our family. We lost a great woman; my Auntie Audrey (she is my great aunt on my mom's side of the family). Jeff and I were lucky enough to visit her a few days prior to her passing. Jenna was with us and Auntie seemed to light up when she saw her. As we were leaving I noticed on Auntie's fridge that there were 3 pictures of Jenna! Auntie has lots of extended family and I was touched that Jenna was on her fridge so many times.
The last time I saw her healthy, was this summer at Camp Grande. She was camping with my grandparents, aunts and uncles. They love being together and this has kept our family very close. Often times families tend to grow apart as more generations are born. Not the Carlson family! They along with Auntie, have shown us younger kids that we need to always be there for one another and keep in contact; because family is number one! I hope that Jeff and I can carry on that tradition and teach Jenna the importance of that.
 
The joke in our family is that there are very few pictures of Auntie because she hated getting her picture taken...well I managed to find a few good ones.
Auntie & Uncle Dick at our wedding (2008)
Auntie Alice, Auntie Judy, Auntie Audrey & Grandma Gail (2007)
She was a special lady and always smiling. She will be truly missed. I am lucky to have known her and to be able to call her my auntie.

No comments:

Post a Comment