Thursday, February 21, 2013

"Jenna Funny"

I know I know it has been forever. Everytime I want to post something, something else happens and I forget. I started this post in December and thought I should update it and post it!
 
I wanted to write down some current Jenna sayings...
  • As the title mentioned--"Jenna Funny" followed by laughter 
  • "Mama's or Daddy's coffee" pointing to mug 
  • "Snuggle Mama" 
  • "Kissssss" 
  • Points to Cougar sign "Go Cougs" 
  • "Princess Apples" applesauce with a princess on the front 
  • "Mama/Dada read it" hands a book 
  • "Jesus" - we got a book at the library and she has been obsessed with it. At one point I heard her talking about the book and then saying "baby brother." I think the picture of baby Jesus in the manager she thinks of her brother. 
  • "Where'd the triangle go Addie?" overheard while playing with Addie and the manga-doodle (longest sentence yet) 
  • While getting my eyebrows waxed last weekend. She came in as my sister was putting on the strip of paper. When she took it off, Jenna said "mama eye all better." Later she came back and pointed to the paper and wanted it on her eye. So we pretended to wax her eyebrow...next Toddler's and Tiaras :)
  • "Mama go cook dinner" told this to me in the morning while trying to shove me away from snuggling her on couch when she got up. Thought I was in the 1950s!
  • "Baby brother in tummy"
  • "Coffee!" when she spots Starbucks or the logo (this has turned into I have to pretend to put coffee in her milk so she can have some too)
  • "George the Monkey" = Curious George (loves him)
  • "Papa Bear" = the Bernstein Bears books
Playing at park in January
 The memory of the child is amazing! 
  • Last week she was dancing with Jeff and got dizzy and ran into the wall and hit her nose. She has brought it up almost every day to us! 
  • She also took a bite of a crayon the other day and since has told me every day "no eating crayons."  
  • She loves routine and likes to sing songs at night time in the same order everyday. If I accidentally skip ahead she knows :) She will randomly tell us the order of the songs during the day. 
  • Today she told me about saying prayers with daddy and repeated all the family members they talk about. At first I wasn't understanding then quickly realized when she said "baby brother, Grandpa Larry"
  • If I tell her we are going to see her friend Addie, she says "see Addie? see Lindsay? (Addie's mom) see Jason? (Addie's dad) 
  • Randomly she will bring up something that happened a day ago or even a week ago. It is so funny to hear what she remembers
Swinging at the Park in January
 A cute story...from 12/19/12:
The other day while driving a car pulled out in front of me and out of anger I said "Jesus" (I know not a proud moment to be cursing in front of my child). A few moments later I hear a quiet little voice say "jesus." I was mortified but then quickly recovered by explaining "yes, it is Christmas a time when we celebrate Jesus!" It seemed to work. We checked out a book from the library about Jesus being born in the manager and so she calls the book Jesus. A lesson learned for mama!!

Another from 2/8/13:
She enjoys watching herself as a baby in our home movies. She looks at the still images on the computer to pick out which video to watch. She spotted a cross and said "Jesus" and I told her that was her baptism video. She wanted to watch. She sat in awe and listened to Pastor Kevin. When Pastor Kevin was saying a prayer he said "everyone say A-MEN" so Jenna and I both said "A-MEN." She turned to Jeff on the couch and said "Daddy, saw AMEN!"

It is so fun seeing her personality evolve and hear all her sayings. She has slowly started to repeat me (we are really watching what we say now). It has been lots of fun hearing her vocabulary change and adding new words all the time. I feel for the most part we can understand her. If she starts to point we encourage her to "use her words" (a tip Krissa taught me). We can't wait for her to meet her baby brother in 10 weeks or less!

No comments:

Post a Comment