Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Eve with Mary and baby Jesus

**Editor's Note: I'm going to skip ahead to Christmas Eve and will post about Jenna's birthday later.

Christmas was a VERY busy time for us this year (especially with having Jenna' birthday party right in the middle of the holiday festivities). We had a fun day celebrating Christmas on Christmas Eve with Wes and Ashley. Then we dashed out to make it to church for a children's service. I really wanted to go because this was the first year they were doing this kind of service and I thought it would be perfect for Jenna. It started out with Pastor Kevin inviting all the kids to come up front. We sat in the 3rd row in hopes that Jenna might get the courage to join them. As predicted she stood next to Jeff at the end of our row watching and sucking her thumb with curiousness. Pastor and explained the the kids could chose from the many costumes and dress up as Mary, Joseph, the Shepards, the Angels or the Star and each child could then take a picture with baby Jesus (doll). As the kids began to try on costumes etc, Jenna decided it was the perfect time to go and take a closer look at baby Jesus in the manager. 
**I only had my cell phone to take pictures and videos.

We laughed and told her that she needed to return baby Jesus before the other kids noticed and she did...by dropping him in the manager! 
She then decided that maybe she wanted to try on a costume. She picked out a specific costume and with our help put it on. She is usually not this adventurous so we were a little surprised. We asked her if she wanted to hold Jesus like the other kids had. Of course she wanted to hold a baby.

 As the other kids took off their costumes and headed back to their seats Jenna decided she wanted to keep hers on. So we went back to our seat in preparation for the next song. Then Jenna decided she wasn't done holding Jesus..

We told her to return Jesus to the manager.
I thought she was done and wasn't sure what she was doing so I stopped the video. She went to get a "blanket" to cover Jesus (wish I would have caught it all on video).
At this point Jeff, Myrene, Glenn and I were all laughing so hard. We kind of waved to her to come back to sit with us but she decided she wanted to sit right up front on the stairs.
The people around us also started laughing and the woman in front of me turned around to say I have a movie star on my hands. I shook my head in disbelief and said I usually have a girl that doesn't like being the center of attention. So there she was at the front of the church and sat there through part of the song.
She evenutally came back to her seat. When we left church Pastor Kevin told her that she was the best Mary ever. We thought she was dressed as a Shepard! This is one of the best Christmas memories and I will cherish it forever!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment