Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Prison Livin'

I wonder if Jenna feels like she is now living in a prison? 
We finally had to put a fence up in our living room. At first I hated the idea of having a plastic fence in my living room (not a good look). But soon realized that removing Jenna from the electronics and dozens of cords under Jeff's computer time after time, this was the only way. Speaking of...why do babies have such a fascination with cords? That and the carbon monoxide detector. Jenna's dream would come true if I let her play with the test button on the carbon monoxide detector, roll around with a few extension cords and maybe throw in a stain removal pen and she would be having a party! 
Ok, back to prison life:
This last weekend we had to lower her crib to the bottom (surely she is thinking why another cage?). The reason is that over the last few days she learned to go from laying to sitting up, pulling up to be on her knees and then pulling up to standing. I should also mention that she took a few steps while holding onto the couch aka cruising. It was a wild New Year's Eve at the Moller's (a blog with video coming).  As I observed the laying to sitting milestone on the baby monitor, I realized that Jenna is starting to become more like a toddler and less like a baby. Unfortunately for her, these new milestones come with several new barriers aka prison livin'.
I do have a feeling that Jenna's life is a little better than a hard core criminal. But there are the similarities...warm meals, time in the "yard", wanting to break free. Speaking of, we did have a few break out attempts in other areas. 
 Luckily daddy fixed this and we are more secure.
 A look at life on the inside:
Showing my new skills
 
I don't think she minds it too much as long as we are playing with her and she is not left alone. I did try and explain it was for her own safety. 
Not sure if she bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment