Friday, December 14, 2012

Oh Boy!

Never thought I would be a mother to a boy and it looks like I get that chance. Baby #2 is a BOY!! 

Our doctor offered to do an early ultrasound at 15 weeks (11/14/12) to check on gender. Jeff couldn't be there so I had her put the gender in an envelope. I gave it to my friend Lindsay and she made a cake indicating either blue or pink. We cut into and it was pink! Yay, another girl!! I knew in my gut it was a girl. Everything felt just the same as when I was pregnant with Jenna. I had no doubts. We even put it on our Christmas card. Plus my doctor said she was 99% sure and she would be really embarrassed if she was wrong.  


I had my 20 week ultrasound on Wednesday. I was going to be there alone. Jeff thought he couldn't get away from work. But at the last minute he showed up (thank goodness). The ultrasound tech asked if we wanted to know gender and I said yes but we already knew. A little while later she said "now what did the doctor tell you?" I said, "girl, why?" She then told us that we are clearly having a BOY!! I was shocked. I knew in my heart that it was a girl...how could my instinct be so wrong. Although the last few weeks I was thinking about a baby boy and how maybe I was missing out on something. Was feeling off and then felt bad for thinking that way. Guess that was my instinct trying to tell me something!
It's a BOY
And then we saw that it was a BOY :) At first I was so shocked I didn't know what to think. I was also a little emotional. I think it was because I had told some people and put it on our christmas card and now I was going to have to re-tell people. I felt embarrassed but on the other hand my doctor told me she was 99% sure. When we told our family it was really funny to hear how many people thought we were kidding. When we told Jenna she didn't really get it...she will in a few months!
He was curled up in a ball and had his hands and feet up by his face
It was hard to focus on the rest of the ultrasound after that news but we did get to see the baby opening his mouth and resting his head on the placenta. We were lucky to see a few 3D images (see above). If you look below the ear you can see the umbilical cord...how cool is that! He was a mover and they had me go the bathroom twice hoping that he would calm down. It reminded me of a few ultrasounds with Jenna. She acted the same way. When I went to my doctor appointment afterwards, she felt bad and said she was sorry. She wondered if she should have took an early look. I am guessing for now on she won't!
19 weeks pregnant--on left (blue) with Jenna and right with baby boy
This pregnancy I have been pretty emotional (just ask Jeff) and even writing this I am tearing up. I can't believe how lucky I am to have a healthy little girl and now a little boy. Especially when at one point I never thought I could have children without spending thousands of dollars. We are truly blessed and I can't wait to meet my new love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment