Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Visit to the Valley

By the end of this month we will have made 4 trips "home" to the Valley. I am beginning to think we need to rent an apartment up there, especially since I have to pack almost our whole house for just a few days!  I love going up there, but this month is a little crazy. Tis the Season.

Jenna and I drove up last week to see my Grandparents who were visiting from Arizona. It is important to me that Jenna get to see them whenever they are visiting, so she can have the same opportunity to know them just as well as I do. 
4 Generations
On Sunday when we arrived my parents had planned a little party to celebrate my grandma and my birthday (mine is on the 3rd and Grandma's is the 5th) and to have our extended family over to visit. Growing up I always celebrated my birthday with my cousin Daniel, who was born 2 weeks before me. Never had my Grandma and I celebrated together. It was a fun change and frankly makes a little more sense :)
I also got a chance to celebrate my birthday with Myrene, Glenn and Grandma Arlene.
My grandpa taught Jenna how to clap her hands.
 Now instead of waving she claps! Jenna also got a chance to wear her "1st Swedish T-Shirt" for my Grandpa...who loved it! (A Norwegian shirt is coming for Jeff's Grandma).

And as always we enjoyed our time with "Uncle" Oskar. He does get a little jealous when Grammy pays more attention to Jenna than him. But hopefully he noticed that Jenna says "Ahh" when we point and say Oskar.

Notice someone is a little jealous in the background
Love how they both have tongues out

No comments:

Post a Comment